The Modern Alternative to Missing and Replacing Teeth Based on 4 Implants Faces Rapid Growth in Bulgaria.
Surgeon and leading implantologist, Dr. Radoslav Simeonov, Head Dentist at the Dentatime Clinic specialises on the revolutionary 4 implant system that makes it possible to replace a full set of teeth with a minimum utilisation of implants. He is one of the few surgeons in Bulgaria holding the prestigious All-on-4® Dental Implants Certificate from the inventor of the All-on-4® Surgery Dr Paulo Malo in Portugal. During the past two years, a significant number of happy patients have been happy to receive their new smiles at the Dentatime Clinic thanks to this innovative and reliable solution.
How the All-on-4® Method Restores the Function of Missing Teeth
The All-on-4® is a surgical technique that is recommended for people who have lost most or all of their teeth. Dr. Paolo Malo in Lisbon, Portugal was the first to conduct this type of treatment with Nobel BioCare implants and since the technique has been patented by its creators. The treatment itself involves the precise placement of titanium implants in the mouth, serving as anchors for a full dental bridge.
The All-on-4® treatment concept is the best solution for full-arch treatment using 4 basal Nobel Speedy Groovy implants by Nobel BioCare, providing exclusively for unprecedented stability and functional qualities.
The All-on-4® treatment concept is also the best graftless solution that provides patients with a fixed full-arch prosthesis on the very day of surgery. Its basic characteristics make it one of the most preferred treatments and include:
Full-arch rehabilitation with only four implants – two straight anterior implants and two implants tilted up to 45º in the posterior (basal cortical bone).
Immediate Function (fixed provisional bridge) – for patients meeting criteria for immediate loading of implants a rapid improvement in their quality of life is introduced with regards to function, esthetics, sense, speech and self-esteem, at a remarkably shortened treatment time.
Graftlessprocedure- bone grafting and sinus lift are avoided by tilting the posterior implants, utilizing available bone.
All-on-4® Treatment Stages
Treatment is most often organised in 2 stages throughout the duration of 1 year.
Stage 1 – Surgical Stage – at this stage, a temporary construction is placed for 1 to 3 days and the following interventions take place:
Surgical placement of the four implants and impressions are taken for the production of a temporary construction.
Sutures are removed and any further adjustments are made to the temporary construction if necessary.
This stage is followed by a period of 6 to 12 months preceding the final, second stage.
Stage 2 is characterized by the final production of the permanent restoration construction (bridge) and can take between 7 and 10 days during which the following interventions and manipulations take place:
Fitting and testing.
Benefits of the All-on-4® Method?
The All-on-4® method rests on several important advantages that make it a preferred innovative solution in modern dental implantology, namely:
- Works on a minimum of 4 implants.
- The patient does not spend a single day without teeth.
- The permanent restoration placed is stable and provides for functionality and bite quality exactly the same as with natural teeth and unlike removable dentures that often slip off.
- Serves as an esthetic solution – provides for the production of esthetic artificial gums and a hybrid bridge with zirconia crowns.
How much does the treatment cost?
The All-on-4® treatment at the Dentatime Clinic starts with a detailed consultation with Dr. Radoslav Simeonov and an individual payment plan is prepared for every patient.
Removable Dentures Based on the 4-Implants Method
Another method for treating partial or complete loss of teeth is by placing a removable denture on 4 implants. This represents another type of an All-on-4 solution, considered to be more of a budget advantage but also long-term in its essence as a solution. The basic difference here is that the restoration construction is removable, placed on 4 Swiss IHDE self-locking titanium basal implants in the front part of the jawbone.
How We Work at Dentatime Employing the 4-Implants Method
At Dentatime we work with Swiss IHDE basal implants. This method is successfully applied in cases of edentulous (toothless) patients and is characterised by the placement of removable constructions (dentures). In general, this method is suitable for the following types of patients:
- Patients who already have complete dentures.
- Patients subject to total edentulism;
- Patients suffering from bone resorption (melting).
Our treatment at the Dentatime Clinic is carried out using Swiss IHDE basal implants within 1 stage encompassing the following steps:
- For patients who don’t have dentures-Denture production for the toothless area that can take between 7 and 10 days.
- For patients with existing denture-Placement of 4 implants in the deep front, basal, parts of the jawbone that are self-locking and facilitate the bite articulation. This can be done in one visit to our Clinic for 2-3 hours.
Medical Restrictions to This Type of Treatment
Тhis method is not suitable for patients diagnosed with osteoporosis and/or taking Bisphosphonates. The list for ineligible patients also includes, those having undergone radiation therapy or suffering from blood disease where normal blood clotting is affected.
Benefits of a Removable Restoration on 4 Implants
This system also comes with several important advantages that make it a preferred choice for many of our patients :
- Treatment is carried out in a very short period of time.
- A comparatively light surgical procedure.
- Does not require temporary constructions to be worn.
- Implants used are made of a biocompatible titanium alloy with a unique design that allows for the fast attachment to the cortical bone parts and quick restoration of the bite and chewing functionality.
- The price for 1 jawbone is 3 700 BGN.
Dr. Radoslav Simeonov
Head Dentist at the Dentatime Clinic